Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mulling over things in two places at once

Before I start up this blog good and proper by giving a post about a topic of my interest, I would like to inform you, the reader, about an intriguing new development. Well, I understand that “intriguing” can be a subjective term, but hear me out, ok?

This blog – Mulling Over The Multiverse – can now be read on two separate websites! It’s true! You can read it and comment on it here on Blogger, or you can hop on over to LiveJournal if that’s more of your thing. For those interested in making the jump, the URL is http://jplc.livejournal.com/ . I will still be Joseph Cassano in both places, of course, and my username in the LiveJournal version is: jplc.

Why would I do this, you ask? It just so happens that I have quite a few blogs that I frequent on both sites. As such, I thought it’d be easier for me to have accounts in both places so that I wouldn’t have to forcefully point any would-be readers I meet on either site to a different site. Of course I still supply the option for would-be readers to make a jump to my other blog-site-location-amajig, but now they’re not ultimately required to.

Finally, just to be clear, ideally both blogs in both locations are to be more or less the same. There may be some minor differences (such as usernames being different for each site), and there may be unique things on each site if certain situations call for it, but in the end, it is negligible. This whole mirror-blog venture was started for the convenience of any readers, so I do not aim to defeat the whole purpose by having drastically different content on the different sites. K?

So, to conclude, you can now read this blog both here and at LiveJournal. I’ll keep this tidbit of info and any relevant URLs handy in the Blog Description section on the right, so don’t worry about having to hunt down this post in the future.

(For anyone who cares, this post was posted on both sites in more or less the same form by using Windows Live Writer. I’m testing it out as a blog writing tool, and so far, it does not disappoint. Give it a look if you are having double-blog-posting-woes. Maybe it will help?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!